Friday, March 1, 2013

More Changes - The Future of Squidoo

Well there's been a few changes on Squidoo over the last couple of days and I'm holding my breath just waiting to see what's going to happen next!   In the meantime I've joined Facebook, yes I'm a little late to it, but I've finally caved in to the social pressure :D

I've set up a Lou16 page where I'll be sharing Squidoo links, Zazzle products and other things that I'm doing online - I'd love you to visit and see what you think (I'm also after a few likes for the page so that I can install analytics). - Lou16 on Facebook.

I managed to finish the Zujava 28 leafs in 28 days challenge and was looking at going through my badly neglected Squidoo a/c to do some weeding and look at giving away a few lenses - the four week ban on transferring lenses has put that on hold!

Going through my lenses is still going to be a priority although what direction Squidoo will end up taking is still up in the air.   I'm sure many people are in the same quandary as I am with some lenses that do not have a lot of content BUT make lots of sales and rank well on Google - do I change them or leave them?   As the saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it, however what steps Squidoo decides to take could rather force our hands.

I've decided to go through as many lenses as I can over the next few weeks and add content to some that I know need it, but the ones that are performing well in Google and for sales I will probably leave alone and hope that they'll be okay - I assume that as a giant they'll be a heads up warning if changes are required and that's when I'll implement things.

What are you going to do with your lenses?

It will be very interesting to see how Squidoo steer us towards the future and while I didn't like going through the post Panda hubpages drama at least they sent out emails to people outlining which hubs were in violation and what needed to be done.   I really hope that Squidoo is very clear with their message in four weeks and that we all know where we stand.

The one thing I have taken away from the last couple of days is that it's a very wise thing to diversify so if you  haven't yet I really recommend that you do whether it's with Wizzley, Zujava or another site.   Spreading out the risk is very important if you want to/have to rely on your online income - when hubpages made all of their changes after being slapped by Google lots of people found themselves down hundreds (and some thousands) of dollars per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment