Monday, September 20, 2010

Let's Talk Lensographies!

Apologies for the long wait between posts, life getting in the way again and in a couple of weeks I'll be jetting back across the Tasmin to help out when dad get's out of hospital, but for now let's look at lensographies.

Fellow squidmaster Fluff coined the term lensography to mean a collection of one's squidoo lenses, but they've really taken on a life of their own since and can really help with increasing your income. Yes you heard right, increasing your income. Now I'm not talking directly here, rather indirectly because a lensography helps you to link together all of the lenses in a particular niche.

Basically you're providing backlinks to each of your individual lenses when you include them in a lensography. Now there's a lot of debate about the value of internal versus external backlinks, but these are so easy to produce why wouldn't you?? I also like the fact that if you're setting up a profile or a forum signature where you want to promote one of your niches you can just use your niche lensography - how simple??

I have a lot of lensographies which is why I've just published my Lensography of Lensographies and it's a great way to see the different ways in which I've approached making my lensographies. If you want to look at my feelings behind lensographies and why I believe that lensographies are such a good idea then you really should check out Why Should You Have a Lensography?

So how many lensographies do you have?

2 comments:

  1. I can see where a lensography of lensographies are in order. I notice that these pages don't make any money for me. But it makes a good directory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make money from all of my lensographies, some do have sales modules that work well and others don't, but it's hard to say if the other lensographies make indirect money for me. If they produce lots of clicks to one of my lenses that makes sales we (at the moment) have no way of knowing if the click that made the sale came from our lensography or not.

    ReplyDelete