Thursday, January 21, 2010

How I Met Your Mother Tees – Part 5

Okay so as well as my two lenses I have written an article on Bukisa which is about why Barney Stinson wears a suit and this is linked back to my Barney lens. It’s not directly to do with the HIMYM tee lens, but it is part of the same genre which can be linked together and give me more of an authority on the subject. I have also done a hub on hubpages about The Bro Code and in this hub I have included a text link to the HIMYM tees lens and a link to the Barney lens.

Google seems to be playing games as it listed my HIMYM tee lens on the 1st page again last night (Aussie time) and this morning it had disappeared again!! Both the Xomba link and the Shetoldme are ranked in the top 10 and 20 respectively and I’m receiving traffic so that’s good.

I need to promote both my hub and article the same way as I did the lens and I want to look at tags for my two lenses.

When you add tags to your lenses be sure to include your lensmaster name as one of the tags, I only learnt this trick recently but it’s a really handy one to have in your repertoire. Why? It’ll increase your chances of having your own lenses showing for example I have countless cocktail lenses so if I use the tags cocktails and lou16 the chances are that it’ll be my lenses that populate the featured lenses.

I’m not saying that I don’t want to share other lensmaster’s lenses, but I’d like to have as much control as possible over which ones I highlight where I can. This can be achieved by the featured lens module or by a plexo (set for you to approve).

Anyway I’m off out to go donut decorating with my dd so I’ll sign off until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment